Sunday, April 15, 2012

f8 Photo Studios Shoots a Maternity Shoot in a Very Rainy Honolulu, Hawaii!

Hi there! I just wanted to share a little sentimental shoot that was very special to me. My dearest friend Rachel from highschool and college moved the Honolulu, Hawaii 3 years ago with her husband Tim. I went out for a visit last month and we found a free moment to do this very fun maternity shoot on one of the last days of my trip. We hadn't seen eachother since she had moved and honestly her and I had not talked as much as we would have liked over the last few years. But this trip was truly what we needed to reconnect. We had a lot of laughs and a lot of tears and we promised to never let distance affect our friendship ever again.

The location of the shoot was in the cove next to the "Halona Blowhole" on the island of Oahu. I just loved the lava rock as a backdrop as well as the pop of color that the green added to the images. The best part about this shoot is the significance of the location. Rachel and I had visited this spot together 13 years earlier. We had rented a car one day and on our trek around the island we stopped to check out this spot. It stuck in our memory because we had watched a wedding take place of top of the rocks. There just seemed to be something kismet about it all.

Enjoy the pics!!






No comments: